Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Partner with the highest levels of business unit management on policies, issues, and initiatives covering a variety of human resource functions, including, but not limited to, recruitment, organizational development, compensation planning, benefits administration, employee relations, staff development, and policy interpretation. Ensure alignment and support of business unit objectives. Provide leadership, advice, and guidance to all levels of business unit staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide leadership regarding workforce challenges, performance management issues, and developing workforce capacity.
- Partner with recruiters to develop recruiting and compensation strategies and to facilitate the hiring process.
- Confer with corporate and business unit managers to implement and administer company-wide human resource programs and procedures.
- Perform a lead role on employee relations issues by partnering with managers to resolve issues in a fair and timely manner.
- Support the organizational performance management process, including monitoring, tracking, and supporting policy implementation.
- Support and implement processes to assess and monitor culture change within the corporation or business unit.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required; Degree in business or Human Resources preferred.
- 6+ years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of and practical experience with employee relations issues (including understanding of employment law and policy interpretation).
- Ability to lead change initiatives through influential relationships.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters.
- Experience partnering with business clients at all levels to strategically plan for workforce related initiatives and address employee and management issues.
- Strong influencing skills; ability to quickly establish and then maintain client and colleague relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to appropriately tailor messaging depending on audience.
- Experience partnering/collaborating effectively across HR to bring valued services to the clients.
- Broad understanding of Human Resource's functional areas including Compensation, Training, Recruiting, etc. Specialty knowledge in one or more functional area is preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 59242