Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interface with stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Monitor for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
- Execute or support the test certification scripts, analyze the results to validate the results against established success criteria
- Support patching and incident and problem management activities
- Enables environment sustainability through technology training and development of user guides and knowledge artifacts
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred
Computer Science or Engineering
4 to 6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
•The ability to package and deploy Windows desktop applications making use packaging tools/utilities i.e. Flexera Admin Studio, VBScript or Power Shell, APP-V and Microsoft Configuration Manager.
•Experience with collaborating across Desktop Infrastructure Technology Teams to provide technically sound solutions.
•Experience in application interaction with operating systems, including the Windows registry, COM object registration, system/user variables and user-centric data related to application settings.
•The ability to interact with Business users and to translate their packaging requirements into elegant, technically sound solutions.
•Strong Windows 10 technical skills in both the physical and virtual desktop environment.
•Knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
•Desired: Packaging and deploying of Apple applications using AirWatch and any experience in the virtualization of Windows applications would be an advantage.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59233