Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
- Develop and execute high-level strategies and plans to support the Management-Level Governance team’s compliance oversight activities, which include review of transactions, reporting, recordkeeping, and communications that are subject to the Management-Level Governance framework. Recommend optimum solutions considering policies and current regulations.
- Act as internal consultant for the Management-Level Governance team and for cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with regulations and policies. Study highly complex data. Present insights and learning. Advise management of significant findings.
- Prepare recommendations of policies and procedures for future reporting and compliance.
- Design, develop, and maintain processes to track, monitor, test and report activities. Evaluate results. Present insights and best practices.
- Design, develop, and deliver training to staff.
- Lead or perform projects at the highest level of complexity involving technology or the development of new procedures as a subject matter expert and to ensure that pertinent concerns are addressed in the project's outcomes.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the Policy module of the company’s GRC tool; providing training and advice to stakeholders and recommending system enhancements to facilitate compliance with the Management-Level Governance framework.
Education Level Required
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- BA or BS in accounting, finance, business or other related discipline.
- 6+ years of recent corporate governance, compliance, internal audit, or public accounting experience.
- Significant experience in establishing and/or assessing corporate governance framework and practices, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications, across all business lines and with all levels of management.
- Experience managing complex projects independently and recognizing when to escalate issues.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59229