Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Design and administer procedures in the organization that sustain the security of the organization's data and access to its technology and communications systems. Assess risk of exposure of proprietary data through weaknesses in platforms, access procedures, and forms of access to the organization's systems and the data contained in them. Track security violations and identify trends or exposures that could be addressed by additional training, technical measures, or use of application tools to enhance security.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide assistance in projects involving testing defenses against hacking, Denial of service, spam, break-ins, or related attacks. Provide technical guidance to less senior staff or applications developers/systems administrators.
- Work with a team of intelligence analysts to collect information regarding threats to Fannie Mae and produce intelligence reporting to inform leadership.
- Analyze cyber incidents to derive information which improves Fannie Mae’s defensive posture and assists Fannie Mae’s Security Operations Center.
- Engage with third party firms, organizations and the U.S. government to share intelligence information and techniques.
- Fuse risk quantification with intelligence techniques to produce a blended approach to inform decision making.
Education Level Required (if any)
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred(if any)
Computer Science or IT/IS
6-8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Understanding of network and log analysis utilizing a number of tools including Splunk, ArcSight and FireEye.
- Familiarity with industry reporting from premium Intelligence providers as well as Anomali Threatstream and Maltego.
- Experience writing finished intelligence products.
- Understanding of traditional intelligence methodology as well as Cyber Intelligence threat models.
- Familiarity with U.S. government clearance processes.
- Familiarity with DHS, U.S. Intelligence Community and the U.S. Treasury analytical offices a plus.
- Previous relationship with FS-ISAC a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59228