Fannie Mae is a leading source of financing for mortgages in the United States. Enabled by our inclusive and collaborative culture that values diverse perspectives, we go above and beyond to support our colleagues and transform business operations to bring innovative solutions to the housing industry. We believe in giving employees the tools they need to be successful at work and in life. Our flexible and energizing work environment inspires us to give our best and deliver on Fannie Mae’s mission to serve the people who house America.
As Director, Human Capital Consulting (HCC), you will serve as a key member of the Human Capital Consulting team supporting the Chief Operating Office (COO) – a large, complex division of the company responsible for delivering a unified set of enterprise shared services including technology, data, operations, resiliency, and others that are central to supporting Fannie Mae’s business strategy. You will report to the Vice President and HR Leader for COO and support three to four Senior Vice President leaders (SVPs) who lead functions including Enterprise Architecture, Information Security, Business Operations and Data Modeling and Analytics.
The COO leadership team is at the forefront of driving Fannie Mae’s Digital Transformation which is a key component of positioning the company to be a successful and commercially viable entity now and in the future. This will require you to act as a coach, consultant, and change agent for the leaders you will support. You will need to balance both strategic and operational priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment ensuring the SVPs and their teams receive proactive and strategic HR consulting support that allows them to achieve business goals. As a leader among the COO HCC team, you will provide critical thought leadership and expertise to the HCCs who support the COO officers, in addition to the leaders within your groups.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Partner with People & Places leadership and the business to develop and execute a forward-looking human capital plan that supports and enables the strategy of both the business unit and the firm at large.
- Leverage demonstrated understanding of our business to navigate the organization, partnering with leaders to propose and execute on viable solutions.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to understand resource needs and develop appropriate plans. Analyze both HR and business metrics to identify trends / issues and propose applicable solutions.
- Create, lead and drive the identification, development, and implementation of strategic process improvements that improve quality and execution across the COO HCC team.
- Utilize various data sources to identify critical insights, trends, and predictive analyses (in partnership with our HR CoEs) to determine the best approach to address resource and capability gaps.
- Partner with business unit leadership and the appropriate HR functions and CoEs on the end to end execution of key division and enterprise level programs such as consulting on organizational design and structure, driving organizational change and ensuring the desired impact of the design is achieved.
- Lead large scale projects or segments of projects both within the BU as well as across the enterprise where appropriate.
- Drive work through appropriate roles and channels including the HR Service Center, the Employee Relations team and our CoE partners to ensure timely and efficient use of resources.
- Engage regularly with the suite of HR services and capabilities such as: Talent Enablement, Learning, Compensation and Benefits, Workforce Planning & Analytics.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, Master’s preferred.
8-10 years of experience in Human Resources to include companies known for best practices in HR; working in companies undergoing change, transformation, or growth; people management; and a track record of partnering with and supporting senior leadership.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Exceptional relationship management and leadership coaching skills including facilitating collaboration across senior leadership teams
- Demonstrated ability to utilize consultative approaches to solve problems in partnership with leaders across the organization
- Experience identifying and solving complex business problems and influencing others to be part of the solution
- Continuous improvement, organizational design and change management skills - creatively and effectively manages the change associated with an increasingly complex and evolving business
- Ability to effectively balance the desire/need for broad change with an understanding of how much change the organization is capable of handling, and create realistic goals and implementation plans that are achievable and successful
- Ability to clarify common goals among stakeholders, gain consensus on an overall approach, and help leaders build a collaborative environment in which results are achieved and celebrated
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to adapt nimbly when new information comes to light; can lead others through complex HR situations
- Naturally curious – always seeking out new information or ideas; willing to “go deep” on a topic, particularly in the Technology realm, to enhance ability to understand business strategy and how HR can support
- Robust communications skills that enable coaching and the ability to have challenging conversations with clients; communicates clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated ability to partner cross functionally in the delivery of key Human Resources strategies and programs
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence
- An ability to inspire trust and followership in others through compelling influence, charisma, passion in his/her beliefs and active drive for results
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59224