Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Study and review business processes across Human Resources; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Assess adequacy of internal controls, documentation, backup/redundancy, and disaster recovery procedures intended to ensure continuing and secure operations.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation. May use formal process improvement methodologies (such as Six Sigma) to assess and improve operating procedures in work unit(s).
- Confer with business unit management and staff within Human Resources by scoping business problems, analyzing processes, losses and risk exposure and sharing lessons learned. Identify key problem drivers and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls.
- As needed, participate in disaster recovery effort as technical resource.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or IT/IS preferred.
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Prior experience performing risk assessments or internal audits is required.
- Proven ability to provide consultation to internal business customers within Human Resources and / or Enterprise risk partners of impact(s) to the risk profile. Can identify issues and recommend acceptable continuous improvement / remediation activities.
- Experience in leveraging data to assess and document risk(s) and controls as well as performing enterprise risk management / audit activities (e.g. risk assessments, issues management) is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources as it applies to risk assessments highly preferred.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to create analytics and present information in a methodical way to provide meaningful information for our customers.
- Team player with ability to work independently.
- Prior experience doing risk reporting in using MS Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and listening) – must be able to effectively communicate with all levels.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 59217