Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Program Execution Office of our Single Family Digital Products group is looking for a seasoned leader to lead program management teams supporting our Servicing, Capital Markets and Customer Management product development execution teams. Role will be responsible for working closely with department VP’s and program leads on such things as program governance, resource planning, program forecasting, etc. Role will be leading teams embedded with product delivery agile teams in support of execution and will be relied on as a change agent, introducing best practices and new ways of working in agile environments. This Director will have overall responsibility for leading the existing program managers, driving alignment across a diverse group of stakeholders and being a strategic partner to the Tribe leads they support – all of which will require strong people management skills, strategic mindset, business acumen and an ability to influence at all levels in the organization.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of application development and/or business units for whom applications are being developed to determine scope and priority of projects so as to be able to allocate appropriate levels of resources to project development efforts
- Assign staff to appropriate projects based on skill sets, demands and of projects; as needed, provide technical guidance to staff in the course of working on projects
- Establish, communicate, and train staff in agile project management methodology as used in Digital Products and/or the Enterprise; Track progress of varied projects and assess compliance with the methodology, escalating risks and issues to appropriate management, as needed
- Manage limited number of larger or more complex development projects; document and report progress, use of resources, and obstacles to application owner or business unit management
- Introduce agile PMO best practices to test & learn new engagement models
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff; Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training
- Plan and manage the unit's budget; Approve expenditures or budget transfers
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred
Master or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Preferred
Business or Computer Science
8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Exceptional leadership skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Highly organized with the ability to quickly adjust priorities while working in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Ability to influence people, at all levels, across the enterprise to get things done
- Prior track record as a successful change agent
- Strong attention to detail and results focused approach
- Experience reporting, presenting, executing ad-hoc project work for executive-level customers
- Experience working in a dynamic consultancy capacity
- Experience building and/or leading PMO’s in support of Agile product development
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59195