Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Study and review business processes across Human Resources; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Confer with business unit staff on business problems or the execution of unusual transactions. Coordinate across business and corporate units and with customers in ensuring that these less common transactions or exchanges are executed appropriately.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Plan and facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation. May use formal process improvement methodologies to assess and improve operating procedures in work unit(s).
- Confer with business unit management and staff within Human Resources by scoping business problems, analyzing processes, losses and risk exposure and sharing lessons learned. Identify key problem drivers and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or IT/IS preferred.
- Master’s degree or other advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years of related experience.
- Prior experience performing risk assessments or internal audits is required.
- Proven ability to provide consultation to internal business customers within Human Resources and / or Enterprise risk partners of impact(s) to the risk profile. Can identify issues and recommend acceptable continuous improvement / remediation activities.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks, self-prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines, a must.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources as it applies to risk assessments highly preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively throughout the organization, develop cooperative relationships, and collect information.
- Ability to be flexible, multitask, and re-prioritize work as the needs of the business change.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and listening) – must be able to effectively communicate with all levels.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 59101