Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Manage a unit whose staff identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk in how its transactions and infrastructure function. Staff assess risks from unauthorized trading, software or hardware failures, lack of oversight of operations, or contingencies that would trigger disaster recovery programs. Assess threats to data integrity and security of networks and the consequences of failures or breaches. Recommend or implement risk mitigation strategies or practices.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of units whose operational risk is tracked to understand operational processes and to identify likely intersections, handoffs, bottlenecks and access points where operational risk is greater. Establish metrics for the business unit.
- Assign staff in assessing, measuring, and reporting operational risk, using established methodology and criteria. Assign and prioritize work to staff according to corporate standards and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assess proprietary applications developed for staff to use in aggregating, analyzing, and assessing operational risk in the course of studying assigned units. Suggest business or system requirements to technical staff for refinements of these applications.
- Prepare assessments or reports for business unit management, division or corporate management. Suggest adaptations to operational risk assessment tools, policies, or procedures based on empirical data generated by current experience.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
Education Level Required (if any)
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred(if any)
Master or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Preferred(if any)
Accounting, Business, Economics or IT/IS
6-8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLSAs a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
• Strong strategy formulation and execution skills; ability to independently handle multiple priorities and deliver a quality result within tight deadlines,
• Must have Operational Risk Management experience and knowledge of ORM concepts and practices (i.e., process mapping, risk identification, assessment of control environments, risk monitoring and measurements).
• 5-10 years relevant experience in financial services risk management, with a minimum of 2 years in financial services;
• Strong collaboration and consultative skills and ability to develop effective working relationships with business and functional partners to influence decisions
• Strong analytical skills in ability to interpret data, derive analytical insights from data
• Knowledge of the mortgage industry, mortgage product types, and mortgage securitization
• Knowledge of the Issue Management process within a large financial services organization
• Understanding of risk governance, including the purpose and implementation of the three lines of defense model
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59095