Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Utilize broad expertise or unique knowledge in leading and performing assignments related to planning, directing, and/or executing procedures by the organization to comply with laws or regulations governing how it conducts its business. Develop procedures or business processes that are compliant and instruct managers in their use. Conduct compliance reviews and analyses and report findings to responsible corporate management. Prepare reports in standard formats to regulatory agencies. Interact with regulators in planning activities or changes to business processes that are subject to regulation.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and execute high-level strategies and plans in supporting assigned business units with review of transactions, recordkeeping, communications, and the like that are subject to specific regulations affecting the business.
- Act as internal consultant for the compliance/ethics staff and for cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with regulations and policies. Study highly complex data. Present insights and learning. Advise management of significant findings.
- Gather data, reports, and documentation pertinent to regulatory reports and filings for regulatory agencies. Implement optimum solutions considering policies and current regulations.
- Prepare recommendations of policies and procedures for future regulatory reporting and compliance.
- Design, develop, and maintain processes to track, monitor, and report activities. Evaluate results. Present insights and best practices.
- Design, develop, and deliver training to staff in regulatory requirements. Follow up with business unit management and staff regarding corporate training and mandatory classes.
- Lead or perform projects at the highest level of complexity involving technology or the development of new procedures as a subject matter expert and to ensure that pertinent regulatory concerns are addressed in the project's outcomes.
Education Level Required
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred
- Master or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Preferred
- Accounting, Business or Finance
- 8-10 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience related to Policy governance and risk administration
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent spoken and written English with proven ability to research and write accessible, clear Policy documents and reports for a wide range of audiences
- Strong PC and documentation skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, SharePoint, and GRC system experience a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to collaborate across various functions and levels of the organization
- Experience in training
- Analytical, critical-thinker that uses comprehensive information to make recommendations with confidence
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in a changing environment
- Quick learner that is able to perform activities with a level of independence and autonomy
- Experience supporting programs and/or implementing projects/initiatives
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59043