Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Are you looking to work in a relatively unexplored field with highly intelligent people while working with cutting edge technologies? The Enterprise Risk Analytics team is looking for a Data Scientist in the Midtown, DC office. One of the key projects that this person would be working on is centered around capital, which can be the least understood market in a lot of companies. There is a lot of opportunity for visibility within this team as this person would be working alongside with very senior people in the company. Who wouldn’t be interested in working on a dynamic team where everyone gets along while improving and applying machine learning skills?
The Data Scientist
will apply advanced financial or economic analytical methods and models to such
processes as valuation of assets, projection of pricing or risk under varying
economic scenarios. They will use these tools to develop and quantify risk
management strategies for mortgage-based assets or their derivatives. This
person will assess prospective economic and regulatory capital requirements for
portfolio assets under varying economic conditions. Develop, or provide
guidance to the development of computer applications that perform or produce
various pricing, capital requirements, risk management or hedging analyses.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Examine data from segment of housing market in order to perform economic analysis of purchase rates, effects of interest rates, prepayment risk, default risk, or other trends that could affect the products or services of assigned business unit(s).
- Examine particular products of assigned business unit and analyze using standard and some sophisticated econometric or quantitative models to assess risk, predict future trends, and determine the efficacy of current analytical standards or models.
- Prepare or monitor periodic reports used to ensure accurate model fee reporting, compliance with the Credit Pricing Delegation and pricing model usage policies, and appropriate mapping of data for pricing purposes.
- Facilitate model updates by writing technical requirements for new or revised pricing methodologies, assessing impact of changes, and reviewing results. Validate user-defined configuration files used to model unique credit enhancement structures.
- Perform economic capital analysis, and other financial analysis when necessary, for review by business unit management, corporate risk management, or senior management in order to support strategic, regulatory, or risk management decisions.
- Lead team responsible for development of models to predict changing rent or property values that serve as inputs into credit pricing, economic capital, and loss forecasting models.
- Analyze empirical price, rental, fee and other financial data that are the basis for proprietary applications used by partners or counterparties in assessing risk, rating credit, or other functions.
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Master, PhD or Other Advanced Degree
of Study Preferred
6-8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Experience with advanced quantitative methods techniques, such as regression, and Supervised Machine Learning methods strongly preferred.
· Programming experience with data gathering and analytics packages such as: R or Python and machine learning required
· Strong analytics skills, able to assess business need, define an analytic solution, and execute using analytics that range from excel tables - to statistical or machine learning analysis.
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
· Experience with technical writing preferred and track-record for strong presentations skills a plus
· Experience with Multifamily lending risk analytics and models a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59040