Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Operate with considerable latitude in performing complex duties related to related to facilities operations or services. Focus may be on design engineering, operations, and/or maintenance of facility infrastructure, electrical, mechanical, life safety, and critical backup systems for facilities in one or more geographical areas and the coordination and oversight of facilities support services tasks including but not limited to minor space planning, office moves/adds/changes, carpet cleaning, shredding, painting, food and event services, offsite record storage, lock and key maintenance, office supplies, and incoming and outgoing mail. Provide value-added expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. May perform basic facility support services and minor repairs. Prepare and review complex reports. Perform research and analyses requested by management. May train staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and implement strategies and plans to ensure consistent implementation of industry best practices and engineering specifications, standards, and processes throughout the firm. If necessary, perform quality assurance checks to ensure vendors are operating in line with policies and procedures.
- Monitor contractual obligations with and may oversee vendors and contractors for facility support services, to include, but not limited or exclusive to, custodial, general maintenance, landscaping, carpentry/painting, etc. Ensure compliance with the company's vendor management process.
- Support facility and equipment commissioning to test and certify performance to design specifications, standards, and tolerances. Assist in implementing new preventive maintenance processes.
- Partner with internal customers and with external vendors in contracting and coordinating consultative engineering design services in support of capital project renovations and capital equipment repairs and restorations.
- Collaborate with other facilities staff and management concerned with security, building systems, and maintenance and with business unit management concerning special events, large moves, occupancy issues, and the like.
- Coordinate and execute customer requests.
- Coordinate with and maintain positive working relationships under landlord/tenant connections. May take lead role in relationship. Participate in establishing and maintaining building security, evacuation procedures, and periodic drills. Remain on call to respond to emergency events.
- Assist in the assessment of engineering and/or operational issues and problems that affect the functionality, emergency preparedness, and maintenance of systems in a facility. Suggest engineering related amelioration or abatement measures that could be taken.
- Track and manage budget information regarding ongoing maintenance, installation, or repair projects. Verify expenditures by contractors and vendor staff before approving and forwarding to facilities or financial management office(s).
- May perform highly complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required; Degree in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering preferred.
- IFMA or BOMI certifications preferred
- 6+ years of related experience
- Experience in directing day to day building maintenance operations to include mechanical, electrical, architectural and janitorial maintenance work onsite.
- Familiar with all leased building facilities operations at buildings to include meetings with building owners and representatives for discussion and approval of mechanical, electrical, and architectural for maintenance and new construction projects.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with leased building owners and representatives.
- Knowledgeable in owned buildings/facilities expense projects.
- Proven ability to develop professional relationships with senior executive staff administration to resolve day to day operational and building needs.
- Strong eye for quality assurance and proven customer service skills.
- Ability to respond to incidents at Fannie Mae 24/7.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 59029