Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Support and complete sale and purchase of securities, debt, and other financial instruments in capital markets. Research, develop and execute a variety of cash flow models and pricing methodologies in keeping with regulatory and corporate standards and contemporaneous financial market data. Research market activity and risk factors that could affect the pricing of the portfolios and develop market analysis involving the firm’s portfolio for various groups within the company.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work as part of a team to create cash flow models, pricing methodologies and valuation techniques to support Fannie Mae's fixed-income portfolios and new business initiatives
- Discuss markets and fixed income concepts and trends with internal and external market participants, including Trade Desk, Risk Groups, and Third-party participants
- Execute daily fair-value pricing for the Company’s loans, securities, debt, and derivative portfolio for use by the Trade Desks, Risk Management, and Financial Reporting
- Research market activity and risk factors that could affect the pricing of the portfolios
- Use fixed income analytics to identify and recommend new pricing methodologies and strategies to ensure pricing is consistent with current market environment and reduce operational risk
- Develop market analysis involving the firm’s portfolio for various groups within the company
- Ability to work independently to develop market research and analytics
- This position has significant responsibilities to work as part of the Capital Markets Pricing and Valuation team, wherein each member must exercise discretion and judgment with respect to all aspects of valuation
- Expectations include meeting the needs of the team and the company, and will periodically require working long days and weekends to meet production deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Master’s Degree in economics, finance or STEM related area a plus
- 2+ years of related experience
- CFA, FRM, or CTP designation or progress towards designation desirable
- Knowledge of MBS, CMOs, REMICS, derivative and rate markets
- Understanding of fixed income analytics (DCFs, OAS, Duration/Convexity, spreads/ discount margins, etc.), and valuations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to explain financial concepts with internal and external participants
- Strong analytical skills; attention to detail
- Proficient with Bloomberg, Intex, or other valuation tools a plus
- Advanced Excel and modeling skills desired; Experience with SQL, Visual Basic a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 59010