Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide counsel to one or more business units by applying knowledge of corporate law in the business context in which issues arise.
- Research legal principles and precedents pertinent to issues affecting client business.
- Consult with outside counsel and provide guidance.
- Draft and execute legal documents.
- Assist more experienced attorneys in representing the organization in legal disputes and transactions.
- Advise senior attorneys of changes in legislation or regulations that impact the company.
- May participate in developing company policies and procedures governing corporate law matters.
- Juris doctorate required
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Relevant corporate governance or transactional experience in a large law firm or corporate law department.
- Legal experience in a broad range of governance issues affecting large financial institutions or large public companies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent advocacy, negotiation, writing, and organizational skills; the ability to work well with clients in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; the ability to focus on both the big picture and the details; and the ability to meet deadlines and work well with peers.
- Prior experience providing corporate secretarial support to public company board of directors preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 58990