Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Manage a team that performs and manages projects related to design engineering, operations, and/or maintenance of facility electrical, mechanical, life safety, and critical backup systems for buildings in the assigned geographical area. Plan, schedule and track the work of consultants and contract workers providing services within the building. Coordinate services with other elements of Facilities. Hire, manage, train, develop and evaluate staff and/or contractors providing services. Develop, implement, document and ensure adherence to practices and procedures. Recommend updates and improvements to facilities.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Direct construction, renovation, repair and maintenance activities within the building(s), most of them performed by contractors.
- In leased property, represent the company to landlords in the identification, planning, and scheduling of services to be provided by the landlord or vendors.
- Represent the company in project oversight and quality assurance inspections to ensure proper execution of specifications and standards. Manage expense reporting and budget adherence to assigned projects from project inception through closeout.
- Formulate and implement preventive maintenance programs including scheduling to ensure minimal disruption of building services and ordering of parts and equipment for repair, maintenance, and installation.
- Lead and support emergency management and response. Collaborate with other Facilities staff and management in providing for business continuity and disaster recovery planning or procedures. Prepare reports for management concerning costs and budget projections for ongoing repair, maintenance or construction projects. Ensure that work and expenditures are approved in a manner consistent with corporate internal controls and reporting procedures.
- Respond to escalated and sensitive inquiries and other requests for data. Document and analyze interactions. Report results. Ensure positive outcomes. Confer with corporate and business unit managers to determine scope and method of facilities services required.
- Formulate, submit, and manage the budget for the facilities services function. Create monthly variance reports. Identify and implement best practices and procedures for pertinent facilities operations functions. Identify opportunities to streamline and automate. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Manage all service contractors and related procurement needs. Collaborate with other Facilities staff and management concerned with security, business resiliency, building systems, and maintenance and with business unit management concerning special events, drills, large moves, occupancy issues, and the like.
- Develop team members, coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress and maintain schedules.
- Oversee management of vendors and contractors for facility support services, to include, but not limited to custodial, general maintenance, mechanical/electrical/plumbing maintenance, landscaping, carpentry/painting, etc. Ensure compliance with the company's vendor management process.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required; degree in in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering preferred
- IFMA or BOMI certifications strongly preferred
- 6+ years of related experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Proven track record of success in roles requiring exceptional planning, project management and cross-functional partnerships to assure alignment to schedule, budget, and quality objectives
- Proven ability to analyze/trouble shoot and make recommendations in alignment with business goals, budget, internal controls, safety and environmental regulatory requirements
- Proven ability to lead in a matrix organizational structure and build consensus
- Knowledgeable of OSHA and ADA requirements, state and local building codes and fire codes
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, building automation and maintenance management systems
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 58969