Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Operate with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to estimating and reporting the firm's corporate tax liability. Operate across the entire firm, on behalf of multiple business areas, or within a specific business. Develop and implement new concepts, techniques, and standards to ensure tax compliance. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct tax research and problem-solving on highly complex issues. May operate in a lead role within the team.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage preparation of monthly and quarterly tax provisions, the quarterly tax reserve, and/or tax filings with sufficient documentation and referencing. Prepare estimated taxes and tax returns. Monitor and evaluate changing reserve requirements.
- Analyze tax data and reports to ensure compliance.
- Review and analyze business requirements to implement tax rule changes. Communicate to management. Participate in making required changes.
- Prepare tax information for auditors, consultants, and other parties.
- Advise management regarding business, internal programs, and activities as they relate to tax matters.
- Provide expertise and support for testing and implementing systems and/or process changes to support increased efficiencies or conformance with tax rules.
- Resolve conflicts on highly significant matters requiring coordination. Devise creative and effective solutions.
- May perform highly complex projects or participate as team member on projects at the highest level of complexity.
· Bachelors degree or equivalent
· 4+ years of related experience
· Prepare monthly and quarterly tax provision and the quarterly tax reserve with documentation and referencing· Experience analyzing tax data and reports to ensure compliance· Experience reviewing and analyzing business requirements to implement tax rule changes· Must be able to monitor and reply to tax department correspondence. Assist with IRS audits by reviewing and investigating compliance issues. Prepare, deliver and track documents requests from IRS· Must be able to analyze system and data sources to improve productivity, accuracy, and timely submission of tax filings· Advise management regarding business, internal programs and activities as they relate to tax matters.· Ability to perform complex tax projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.· Financial services background preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58955