Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
•Act as an egineering Subject Matter Expert (SMe)in partnering with, and influencing stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
•Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
•Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA
•Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
•At the highest level of technical complexity, design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
•Develop operational model to maintain and operate the application design, including, but not limited to, monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
•Define success criteria for validation of technology solution and application designs
•Performs required performance tuning and maintenance. Conduct performance measurement and establish updated baseline measures and propose optimized configuration
•As an engineering SME, mentor and lead engineers.
Education Level Preferred
Masters or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Preferred
Computer Science or Engineering
8 to 10 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience in Public Cloud Architectures, Cloud brokering solutions or Cloud Management Solutions for Public Cloud
- Experience with Infrastructure Automation, Infrastructure capacity monitoring and automated scaling solutions
- 2+ years of experience with Docker and 1+ year with orchestration (Kubernetes) administration and troubleshooting
- 2+ years of AWS experience
- 3+ years working in Enterprise DevOps model - Automation of application code deployment (Jenkins, Maven, Git, Nexus etc)
- Linux Expert level and experience in Scripting Python, Perl, Bash
- Experience with automation/management frameworks (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack)
- A minimum of 5 years with assessing architecture quality and resiliency viz. scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
- AWS Certified Developer or Solution Architect
- Financial or Mortgage domain experience
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58946