Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Review and analyze complex financial information to record transactions, prepare financial reports, and review and verify accuracy. Serve as the initial reviewer for journal entries, workpapers, reports, schedules and materials. Operate in a lead role within the team. Train and provide leadership to staff. Assist the Accounting Manager/Director in team planning, assignments and other duties, as needed.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Compile, review, analyze, and record financial information to the general ledger. Complete monthly closings and effectively explain results to management.
- Review balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports including externally-required disclosures.
- Review daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations to ensure general ledger account information is accurate, consistent, traceable, and auditable.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Identify control weaknesses, communicate to management, and implement changes to tighten and enhance controls and mitigate risk.
- Assist with coordinating and administering assignments, monitoring accounting team progress and managing schedules.
- Review and finalize staff work papers and deliverables with General Accounting Manager/Director.
- Provide and effectively explain requested information to auditors, consultants, and others on highly significant matters requiring coordination.
- Design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of highly complex financial transactions.
- Provide feedback and input into staff performance reviews, as applicable, including specific performance feedback for calibrations and talent assessments.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Accounting, business, finance or economics specialization preferred
- CPA required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of systems/software (Simcorp/Tableau) - Implementation/Testing
- Knowledge of capital markets/treasury functions
- Problem solving Skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58940