Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Serve as advisor to business unit management on human resources (HR) related matters and business unit strategy implications on human capital. Consult on a variety of HR functions, including, but not limited to, talent acquisition, organizational development, compensation, staff development, and policy interpretation. Provide leadership and guidance to all levels of business unit staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Partners with HR Leadership and the business to execute a human capital strategy that supports and enables the business unit’s strategy, which is driven by overall Fannie Mae objectives. Fannie Mae strategy is prioritized over business unit strategy.
- Advises, influences, and supports business unit management decision-making and problem-solving to maximize business success and employee engagement.
- Supports the adoption and implementation of company-wide HR programs and initiatives by the business.
- Provides leadership coaching to key staff on people aspects of the business and facilitates staff development through partnering with the talent enablement and learning HR functions.
- Builds deep and trusted relationships with business unit leadership and their management teams.
- Partners with business unit management and the appropriate HR functions on the end to end execution of key division specific programs such as organizational designs, including consulting on the structure, identifying the impact of designs and any accompanying risks.
- Drives work through appropriate roles and channels within the HR operating model to include the HR Service Center, Employee Relations and other HR functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Exceptional relationship-management skills.
- Experience identifying and solving complex business problems and influencing others to be part of the solution.
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision-makers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute programs or projects at the divisional level.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, in support of multiple teammates, concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to make connections across similar organizational functions.
- High-level communications skills that enable coaching 1-on-1s and other challenging conversations with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to partner cross-functionally in the delivery of key human resources programs.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 58890