Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Under general supervision, plan, manage, and execute varied software development, customization, or IT systems development projects. Gather information at front end to determine project parameters and specifications, and to budget human, financial and other resources. May provide technical oversight to some staff and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners.
- Meet with application owners, application developers and analysts, coding staff and the like to determine business needs and functionalities desired for new or revised application.
- Plan course of project, including milestones, resources needed in the form of staff hours, budget, use of technology and tools and document in project plan, following established project management methodology.
- Track course of project from meetings, conferring with developers, and receiving reports. Update project plan as needed. Document changes to scope or functionalities with change ticket, project plan, or other format.
- Assess conformity of development process to accepted methodology and communicate to responsible managers or staff. Document exceptions or deviations as needed. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved.
- Report on progress of project, use of staff, expenditures, progress on milestones and the like to application owners.
- Provide guidance to appropriate project staff; may provide technical input, and input to their managers regarding performance and technical skills.
- Ensure that the project is implemented with all the necessary governance and controls.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
- 0 - 2 years of related experience
- Agile skills, SDLC, JIRA, SQL Confluence required.
- AWS experience preferred.
- Experience leading software development projects and supporting those from a Technology Project Management perspective.
- Experience in financial industry Preferred.
- PMP preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 58875