Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Enterprise Modeling and Analytics is looking for a senior quantitative engineer to join in it Multi Family Credit Works application team. You will use advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools to create algorithms that will be used in analytical or application development and testing. You will be a member of the application development team and will be developing some of the most critical analytics software to be used by various multi-family business users. May test applications for accuracy and functionality before putting them into production use.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop, implement and test all components using Java/Python/R of financial models, algorithms, cash flow simulations and pricing/risk metrics calculations in end-user or production computing systems for use in business decisions, financial and regulatory reporting, and risk management.
- Use Advanced Analytics and Data Science techniques to efficiently translate complex mathematical, business, and financial modeling logic into software code. Design and execute test cases for modeling and analytical software applications to ensure they meet business needs and model requirements. Design and execute modeling application systems via distributed computing both on premise and on external cloud.
- Evaluate system requirements for model and analytical applications such as computing power, storage, network, and security, and recommend technology platforms and architecture designs for model applications to ensure robust and scalable execution.
- Design basic to moderately complex test cases and test applications for systems used for a variety of analytical, pricing, risk management or credit pricing to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly implemented.
- Monitor emerging technologies and industry best practices of model and analytical system implementation, evaluate and propose adoption of such technologies or best practices.
- Execute model application runs, process/validate model outputs, and produce/review quantitative reports for business use.
- Provide technical guidance or consultation to less senior staff. Serve as technical lead on projects to develop more accurate or refined analytical applications used in pricing, valuation, risk assessment, and the like.
- Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner both verbally and in writing.
- Work and collaborate effectively, as part of a team and across organizational lines. Serve as project lead to development and implement solutions to meet business needs.
EDUCATION Education Level Required Bachelors Degree
Education Level Preferred Masters, PhD or Other Advanced Degree
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE 6-8 years
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience with econometric modeling and statistical analysis.
- Experience with the implementation and creation of various models and algorithms including regression and statistical models. Knowledge of AI or machine learning techniques is desirable.
- Strong programming experience in Java and Python/R. Familiarity with SAS and with tools available in the AWS/Cloud environment. Proficiency in Unix/Linux environment.
- Knowledge of mortgage mathematics is highly desirable. Multifamily analytics and finance knowledge are big plus.
- Experience working with financial data, analytics and cashflows applications.
- Understanding of Credit Risk Model, Conservator Capital Framework (CCF), Credit Risk Transfer (CRT) a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Capable of explaining and documenting complex systems.
- Adheres to sound software development and data management practices.
- Conscientious attention to detail, accuracy, and efficiency in analytical work.
- Cross-functional business skills with excellent facilitation and communication skills, strong influencing skills, and ability to effectively present to and work with application team members
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills to conduct analysis independently to address complex economic or business problems.
- Embraces new technologies, enjoys making systems efficient and updating legacy systems.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58857