Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
The Insurance Policy Analyst will join the Single-Family Credit Risk Policy team. Given the increase in natural disasters and potential for increased credit losses, particularly due to floods, we are seeking someone with deep insurance industry knowledge.
Operating with considerable latitude, apply technical understanding of insurance industry policies and principles to analyze market conditions, regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Develop, recommend, and implement risk management and insurance policies and standards for assets the company finances. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks. Provide expertise to internal and external customers and industry participants.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Research insurance policies and practices and make recommendations for new policies and standards to manage the credit book.
- Conduct analyses using advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data.
- Examine empirical data and risk elements of proposed pilots, policy exceptions, or variance requests to see if variations had acceptable results, and make recommendations regarding extending the policies to the entire credit book.
- Prepare reports or analyses for managers or for larger groups with findings and recommendations.
- May attend meetings with customers, industry participants, or users of the organization’s software products to gather information pertinent to developing policies and standard to manage the credit book.
- May make recommendations on pricing of products or assigning of risk levels based on analysis of credit risk of loans, transactions, or proposed contract.
- May lead data analytics and policy development within unit or an integrated effort with other corporate departments, FHFA and/or Freddie Mac.
- Responses to policy inquiries and policy-related customer engagement requests within pre-established SLAs.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Focus in Risk Management and Insurance preferred
4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience in insurance industry policies and practices required
- Proven ability to foster a positive work environment while delivering high quality results
- Execution-oriented self-starter with exceptional time management skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity and problem solving and/or analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact with/influence others no matter the title/level
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58849