Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
The Director of Governance, Policy, and Administration will direct the development of risk management policies and manage the Enterprise Risk Management Framework to ensure alignment with industry leading practices and the company strategy. Direct the work of a unit whose staff develop, maintain and update enterprise risk policies, standards and procedures, leveraging industry and regulatory expectations. Drive understanding of risk concepts and requirements and support the advancement of risk culture throughout the enterprise. Evaluate enterprise-wide risk culture and effectiveness of risk management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Direct the development of varied risk management policies, including the overall Enterprise Risk Management Framework, to ensure alignment with regulatory and leading practices, including topics related to ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) risk management. Establish and communicate standards and methodology for the unit's staff.
- Confer with management of first, second and third line of defense partners for which risk policies are being developed, in order to understand business processes and operating conditions. Confer with unit and senior management to develop standards for developing the corporation's risk policies.
- Confer with counterparts in regulatory agencies in order to understand agency concerns, receive agency interpretations of specific risk management regulatory requirements, and to be able to prepare reports that are responsive to agency expectations.
- Direct the development and execution of a framework for assessment of effectiveness of risk management for the Enterprise, including risk culture. Communicate results to executive leadership.
- Lead and support enterprise adoption of the risk management framework and requirements, including Risk Identification and Assessment, through training and other relevant channels.
- Direct the administering of reviews of operating unit performance that assess how well unit practice and operations conform to risk management requirements.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Serve as an expert or resource for risk governance concepts, as well as, interpretation of established requirements. Lead the administration of the Treasury Risk Plan process.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Subject matter expertise in risk management
- Strategic mindset and demonstrated thought leadership
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong understanding of financial services and the mortgage industry
- Experience developing and rolling out risk frameworks, preferred
- Experience influencing, collaborating and building relationships with different business units
- Superior communication skills, including experience in verbal and written executive level communications
- Strong critical thinking and demonstrated ability to manage complexity and ambiguity
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58829