Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
The Trader II will report to the Director of Funding and Liquidity, and will be responsible for executing trades for Fannie Mae’s funding programs and liquidity portfolio. The trader’s activities contribute to Fannie Mae’s Asset Liability strategy and to the Capital Markets business goal of providing liquidity to the mortgage market. Traders will regularly interact with external parties including Wall Street dealers/banks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct analysis and execute trades consistent with overall strategy of the desk, ensuring all policies, procedures and limits are properly observed.
- Track market activities; identify, understand and report on potential impact on business/position.
- Actively participate in team discussions offering insights and opinions, represent the desk in internal discussions with key stakeholders.
- Develop and build strong relationships with internal and external customers. Maintain relationships with dealer community through regular dialogues.
- Demonstrate proficiency with market data sources (Bloomberg, Tradeweb, etc.)
- Contribute to the process of model and technology improvement across various analytic and database tools. Participate in testing system enhancements.
- Update desk procedures and look for opportunities to improve processes.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Degree/major in a quantitative discipline preferred
- Master’s, FRM or CFA in progress or completed preferred
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated knowledge of fixed-income and interest rate risk management.
- Strong data analysis, modelling, statistical analysis and spreadsheet skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and natural desire to smell-test results and drill down into the details
- A good theoretical understanding of financial concepts
- Ability to prioritize and balance various tasks
- Experience working on a trading desk or risk management a plus
- Programming experience a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58826