Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Project Greenfield was created by leaders at Fannie Mae to develop the next generation of mortgage lending products. The team is small, agile, innovative and fast-paced. As a software engineer you will wear many hats, work with cutting edge technology, and help to create products that will radically improve the house purchasing experience.
Key Job Functions:
● Support the development of compelling features using modern tools and technologies with a focus on building future-proof systems that perform at scale.
● Maintain and deploy critical infrastructure components through Infrastructure-as-Code tooling across multiple environments.
● Identifies process improvements and opportunities for automation.
● Implement and maintain an enterprise-grade security posture for all production and non-production systems.
● Maintain, monitor and establish best practices for containerized environments.
● Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems.
● Collaborate with external vendors and teams to monitor, triage, and report on all critical systems.
● Coordinate with subject matter experts across the release lifecycle.
● Act as a resource for customer engagement as it relates to security and compliance.
● Act as enablement expert for software engineers.
● Ensure alignment between IT operations and the business.
Education Level Required
- 6 or more years of applied experience
- 5+ years experience building, maintaining and deploying production infrastructures in AWS or other cloud providers
- 3+ years experience with the following technologies:
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related degree, or relevant experience.
- The desire to work in fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Make or Bash
- Has understanding of monitoring, detection and compliance tools.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects and toolsets.
- Flexible, adaptable, independent and reliable.
- Experience in an early-mid stage startup environment, where product/market fit is continuing to be evaluated, re-evaluated and recalibrated
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58812