Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Project Greenfield was created by leaders at Fannie Mae to develop the next generation of mortgage lending products. The team is small, agile, innovative and fast-paced. As a software engineer you will wear many hats, work with cutting edge technology, and help to create products that will radically improve the house purchasing experience.
● Develop compelling features using modern tools and technologies with a focus on building future-proof systems that perform at scale.
● Develop front-end and back-end architectures and applications.
● Work with Devops Engineers to create servers and databases for cross platform optimization, including mobile phones.
● Engage in the full software development product lifecycle as part of a cross-functional, agile team.
● Craft highly scalable, robust, and maintainable microservices using GraphQL.
● Interface with Data Science experts to implement cutting-edge machine learning algorithms in a consumer facing product.
● Work with QA Engineering to develop test plans, including writing unit, end-to-end and integration tests.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Degree in Computer Science or Related Field
- 4-6+ years of experience in software development
- 4+ years of experience building, maintaining and deploying production features to users at scale
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with but not limited to the following languages: Go, Python, Node.js
- Experience in an early-mid stage startup environment, where product/market fit is continuing to be evaluated, re-evaluated and recalibrated
- Experience with Postgres and GraphQL
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- 5+ years experience operating in an agile environment
- The desire to work in fast-paced environment.
- Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering, testing and architecture.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects and toolsets.
- Deep programming language knowledge and curiosity.
- Flexible, adaptable, independent and reliable.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58809