Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Support, develop, assess, and execute statistical, mathematical, economic, and financial models for business decision making in all areas of mortgage finance business.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Re-engineer the Validation Report production process
- Write algorithms that produce initial working drafts of Validation Reports pre-populated with information from prior work.
- Execute those algorithms for models selected for this form of validation process.
- Ensure modeling projects are conducted in accordance with established company policies and generally-accepted modeling practices
- Understand relevant business context to properly interpret model results, monitor performance and assess risks. Conduct ad hoc quantitative analyses, modeling, or programming using SAS, SQL, R, or Python
- Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely, both verbally and through written communication via white papers, reports and presentations, to individuals from various backgrounds
- Collaborate effectively, work as part of a team and across organizational lines to develop and implement solutions to meet business needs; Serve as project lead
- Work autonomously guiding teams, choosing projects, and often act as SME resource across departments or as an in-house-expert
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required
- Masters, PhD or Other Advanced Degree preferred
6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ph.D. or multiple masters degrees in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Finance or a related discipline preferred.
- Strong programming experience preferably to include Open Source languages such as Python and R and familiarity with tools available in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning modeling techniques, particularly as applied to Natural Language Processing and content analytics, preferred
- Experience using graph databases and queries to establish a Knowledge Base and execute intelligent internal search preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58800