Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Examine a customer's ecosystem of interactions with Fannie Mae. They will develop and use customer profiles to articulate a detailed visualization of customer values, processes, pain points and goals that helps drive experience strategy and execution for a suite of experiential touchpoints. Use the latest design and development practices to create customer-centric solutions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Identify opportunities to enhance the customer experience through co-creation techniques from Design Thinking and Service Design practices
- Plan and execute all the activities leading up to the workshop
- Synthesize the information gained through workshop activities and generate findings reports/recommendations on how to improve the customer experience
- Independently lead user research engagements including interviews, ethnographic observation, workflow analysis, and contextual inquiry of customers
- Use service design principles (frontstage, backstage, etc.) and tools (personas, customer journey maps, service blueprinting, etc.) to identify misalignments between business goals and customer experience
- Proactively build partnerships with key stakeholders to strengthen trust and collaboration
- Provide regular reporting to leadership on the progress and impact of your design engagements
- Serve as an advocate and educator of design; providing translation of design culture and skill sets to stakeholders that have little or no familiarity in working with designers
- Bachelor's Degree in design-related field, social sciences, or closely related discipline or equivalent required MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
4+ years of experience in Service Design, Design Thinking and Qualitative Research techniques and methodologies
Experience with both designing workshop activities and leading workshops is required
Proven ability to synthesize findings from workshops and other co-creation sessions
Knowledge and experience utilizing Design Thinking methodology is required
Must be comfortable being the focal point in a room full of senior executives (from both Fannie Mae and our customer companies)
Confident in driving collaboration between workshop participants.
Ability to travel to customer locations nationwide is required – approximately 25%
Able to conduct customer/developer interviews and synthesize research/information; can work well with ambiguity
Experience partnering with a variety of business stakeholders and with a wide variety of business problems required
Self-motivated to recognize and address areas of uncertainty in a complicated space
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58787