Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Manage the work of a unit whose staff supports research and development activities. Serves in a business facing capacity primarily to mid-level business partners and to drive day-to-day work forward with a focus on execution and quality. Possess deep levels of business knowledge in their specific support area and also have robust quantitative and technical skills for mentoring of their direct reports.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interfaces strategically, effectively, and collaboratively with business customers, other areas of the division, and vendors to lead teams that provide solutions for business problems.
- Is considered an expert in their area (both business and technical aspects) and can provide mentorship and guidance to their immediate team.
- Leads day to day development, including oversight of work quality of their reports. Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Has significant personal contributions to the product developed by their immediate team, including creative, technical and design matters.
- Uses and deeply vets data products developed to synthesize business activities.
- Responsible for compliance with all levels of governance and best practices in implementation and automation.
- Escalates intelligently for conflict resolution between staff and business prioritization.
- Builds on ideas from initial design to fully fleshed-out implementation for operational solutions (BEAST Tools), reporting and metrics management, and risk or optimization research for supporting business unit.
- Responsible for development of and maintenance of a research agenda in their supporting area. Identifies effect champions and stakeholders for their research and other work products to ensure addressing of business concerns.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Masters degree preferred
- 6+ years of relevant experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6+ years of experience in a relevant field conducting/leading analytical projects
- Must have proficiency in an analytic programming language such as SAS, R, or Python in work history
- Must have demonstrated experience managing a team through analytic product or model development cycles.Must have experience communicating and collaborating cross-functionally with different business units/stakeholders.
- Must have a Masters or BA/BS in a technical discipline (Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, etc.)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58781