Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Enterprise Data Execution team is looking for Senior Software Engineer to come on board in Reston,
VA. The projects that the
team is working on are a part of Fannie Mae’s top priority, providing a lot
visibility and career growth opportunity. While we are not looking for someone
to step into the team lead role, we are looking for a self-leader, someone who
has had minimal dependency on others and an all-around good team player. Would
you like to complete hands on work in real life situations on the digital
transformation side while helping people have an easier time getting into their
dream homes? This role may be for you!
This person will use modern tools, techniques and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis.
- Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions.
- Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4+ Hands on experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation of Solutions using Python, Spark, and AWS Services,
- Expertise working with AWS Services Technologies EC2, RDS, REDSHIFT, S3, LAMBDA, API Gateway, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFront, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, Cloudwatch
- Extensive experience in Application migrations to Cloud with Cloud Native Patterns and provide support for Applications running in Cloud
- 4+ years hands on experience in UNIX shell scripting, RDBMS (Oracle), SQL, PL/SQL
- Knowledge & demonstrated experience in Agile methodologies and practice
- Experience in building with Automation tools such as (Jenkins, Nexus, Maven and JUnit) as well as CI/CD -- GitHub, Maven, Jenkins
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58780