Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
DevOps Engineer II will coordinate and manage the entrance of new hardware and software into the IT computing environment and define the process for release package assembly, version control, migration control, release preparation and acceptance, communication and installation
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Independently plans and delivers specific functionality within their expertise.
- Presents and or defends the work to the team or other organizations. Has defined specialties in primary areas of responsibility
- Collaborates using open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Develop sound version control best practices based CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT , etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Perform configuration management for all different applications running on all environments and manage the production release process that ensures the reliability and availability of the platform
- Maintain up to date and relevant play books and documentation in support of the different platforms/programs
- Contribute in developing best practices for infrastructure as code (eg : Puppet, Shell scripting), software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell ) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, etc)
Education Level Required
- Bachelors degree
- 4 or more years of directly related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 5+ years of hands on experience in designing and developing reports in Tableau environments.
- 5+ years of work experience with reporting and sql developments tools.
- Business Intelligence development experience in Tableau
- Understanding of core Business Intelligence (BI)/data warehousing technology: RDBMS such as SQL Server, Oracle )
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with implementation methodologies
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; Ability to build and deliver presentations to all levels of the business and effectively explain complex issues and concepts in simple, understandable language
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Effective oral, presentation, and written communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58768