Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Fannie Mae has multiple Operational Risk Analyst opportunities available at our brand-new Washington, D.C. headquarters.
Check out what life is like at Fannie Mae: https://careers.fanniemae.com/main/culture
- Study and review business processes in assigned business unit; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Assess adequacy of internal controls, documentation, backup/redundancy, and disaster recovery procedures intended to ensure continuing and secure operations.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation. May use formal process improvement methodologies (such as six sigma) to assess and improve operating procedures in work unit(s).
- Confer with business unit management and staff by scoping business problems, analyzing processes, losses and risk exposure and sharing lessons learned. Identify key problem drivers and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls.
- As needed, participate in disaster recovery effort as technical resource.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- 2+ years of related experience for an Operational Risk Analyst II position
- 4+ years of related experience for an Operational Risk Analyst III position
- Must have Operational Risk Management experience and knowledge of ORM concepts and practices (i.e., process mapping, risk identification, assessment of control environments, risk monitoring and measurements).
- 2-5 years relevant experience in financial services risk management, public accounting, or a combination of public and internal audit experience with a minimum of 2 years in financial services.
- Strong collaboration and consultative skills and ability to develop effective working relationships with business and functional partners to influence decisions.
- Strong process facilitation, process management and improvement skills; ability to independently handle multiple priorities and deliver a quality result within tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills in ability to interpret data, derive analytical insights from data.
- Knowledge of the mortgage industry, mortgage product types, and mortgage securitization.
- Awareness of the relevant operational risk types / sub-types, including the risk taxonomy.
- Understanding of risk governance, including the purpose and implementation of the three lines of defense model.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58702