KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of units whose operational risk is tracked to understand operational processes and to identify likely intersections, handoffs, bottlenecks and access points where operational risk is greater. Establish metrics for the business unit.
- Assign staff in assessing, measuring, and reporting operational risk, using established methodology and criteria. Assign and prioritize work to staff according to corporate standards and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Manage programs to ensure timely delivery and quality standards for key program deliverables are met.
- Prepare assessments or reports for business unit management, division or corporate management. Suggest adaptations to operational risk assessment tools, policies, or procedures based on empirical data generated by current experience.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan and facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- 6-8 years of related experience
- Must have Operational Risk Management experience and knowledge of ORM concepts and practices (i.e., process mapping, risk identification, assessment of control environments, risk monitoring and measurements).
- 3-5 years relevant experience in financial services risk management, public accounting, or a combination of public and internal audit experience with a minimum of 2 years in financial services.
- Strong collaboration and consultative skills and ability to develop effective working relationships with business and functional partners to influence decisions.
- Strong program management skills; ability to lead, organize, and report on multiple related projects with tight timelines.
- Strong analytical skills in ability to interpret data, derive analytical insights from data.
- Knowledge of the mortgage industry, mortgage product types, and mortgage securitization.
- Understanding of risk governance, including the purpose and implementation of the three lines of defense model.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58700