Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Design and implement systems and procedures to sustain the security, integrity, and availability of the organization's data. Assess risk of exposure of proprietary data through weaknesses in platforms, access procedures, and forms of access to the organization's systems and the data contained in them. Track security violations and identify trends or exposures that could be addressed by additional training, technical measures, or use of application tools to enhance security. May participate in simulated attacks or security violations to assess the organization's data security measures.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead platform or operating system vulnerability scans that assess exposure of system to attacks or hacking. Monitor Security Operations pager and respond to issues of potential viral activity, spam, phishing, etc.
- Administer controls and review their application to ensure that system's controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively relative to the predicted effectiveness of the controls.
- Investigate events or incidents of apparent security breaches, report to appropriate authorities using corporate procedures, and recommend or plan remedial activities.
- Confer and collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure that appropriate controls are installed, operating properly, and being monitored and reported.
- May plan and/or conduct tests of the core infrastructure and the contingency environment for critical business applications to ensure business continuity in the event of a computer security incident.
- Analyze metrics of operation of security controls, as well as apparent attacks, breaches, and other pertinent data; identify trends and recommend a data-driven course of action.
- Plan and manage projects designed to test defenses against hacking, denial of service, spam, break-ins, or similar attacks. Provide guidance to infrastructure or application staff participating in exercise.
- Lead development and/or implementation of new methodologies or tools that could be adopted to enhance security of platforms, infrastructure, or access to data.
Education Level Required (if any)
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred(if any)
Computer Science or IT/IS
6-8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- AWS Solutions Architect or Developer Certification preferred
- Knowledge of AWS Services Service Catalog, EC2, EBS ALB, Code build and Pipeline is preferred
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications in object-oriented, multi-tiered systems using Java/J2EE and other development platforms. Good understanding of overall application architecture – including databases, SOA
- Experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying software.
- Experience with Unix environments.
- Strong background in infrastructure, provisioning, and maintenance
- Experience with Dev Ops frameworks - Jenkins, Code Pipeline
- Experience in working with external and embedded databases.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding of IDE, code versioning & deployment tools, such as Eclipse, Subversion & icart.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58693