Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Manage a unit whose staff plan and design methods for the optimization and integration of various forms of technology systems or policies and high level principals. Apply varied engineering and design theories to produce robust, integrated functioning of various systems, technology interfaces, and/or overarching information policies and high level principles. Assess functioning of overall technology and communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future. Align strategic goals and objectives with key business and IT initiatives. Work to develop an integrated view of the enterprise using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, industry standard techniques and best practices. May participate in projects to upgrade or install workstations, networks, or software, or to assess and optimize overall functioning of technology, data and processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage and assign staff to projects intended to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems or data architecture. Align approach with broader architecture vision.
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions.
- Create criteria to identify patterns and best practices to apply across the enterprise; Socialize and gain buy in from other architecture and/or project teams to apply identified best practices and recommendations.
- Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common understanding of those data.
- May serve as lead, technical expert or project manager to team(s) concerned with development, networking and/or project management to coordinate changes and support enterprise technology initiatives.
- Guide unit staff or development staff regarding architectural capabilities or constraints
- Conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost effective architecture solutions.
- Oversee multiple projects in order to preserve the architectural vision and protect stakeholder interests as well as to meet operational and financial reporting requirements
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate governance.
- Keep abreast of relevant architecture best practices.
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
8-10 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated work experience in creation of architecture blue prints, architecture support for Agile implementations & Architecture Sprints
- Experience in driving architecture and business innovation thought process
- Experience in Financial Services industry is highly desired
- Clearly communicates and presents analyses and results and persuades others by supporting ideas with logical arguments/data
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience in coaching and mentoring senior architects
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of cloud-native architecture, microservice architecture, reactive/event-driven architecture, design thinking, user experience, data analytics, security and DevOps/CI/CD principles• Demonstrated technical knowledge of AWS
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58676