Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Use knowledge of legal concepts and procedure and may conduct legal research, prepare or assemble documents, and conduct interviews with business partners or employees. Maintain electronic records and files, monitor case/project schedules and filing deadlines, and prepare pertinent legal documents and correspondence for attorneys' review and approval. May monitor, review, and prepare transactional/contract documents for attorney review and approval. May prepare summaries or statistical analyses of documentary evidence or of data relevant to cases/projects at hand. May advance preparations for project/legal proceedings as directed by responsible attorneys. Incumbent must be able to operate with independence, discretion, and judgment.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Identify complex business and legal issues and propose solutions.
- May prepare or assemble complex transactional/legal documents using knowledge of legal/business concepts and procedures.
- Review non-standard documents.
- Conduct complex research for use by assigned attorneys. Coordinate reviews by subject matter experts.
- May collect, prepare, and review documents/information related to business transactions, litigation, or other requests.
- Maintain contact with business units, outside counsel, regulatory agency staff, and/or other external stakeholders. Collaborate in implementing solutions. Track matters to completion.
- May review and monitor litigation, legislation, and/or industry related communications relevant to Fannie Mae.
- Perform a lead role in performing special projects.
- Provide guidance and support to less experienced paralegal staff, when applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Familiarity with loan documents, organizational charts and related due diligence for commercial lending transaction
- Commercial real estate transactional and/or multifamily experience
- Experience with agency lending platforms, highly desirable
- Paralegal certification, highly desirable
- Project management background (coursework, certifications, degree or other equivalent experience), desirable
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58630