Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Provide support to office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software. Answer technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and guide users to gain productive use of software. May extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using application. May have substantial subject matter knowledge of business unit discipline. Includes both staff in corporate facility supporting use of business-specific applications to corporate staff, or staff providing product support to customers using proprietary software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Study business processes in client or host unit and how they are automated. Examine business processes in unit to determine how they could be translated into requirements for IT applications.
- Develop data extractions or develop reports from requests or requirements stated by clients. Use database, report writer, data mart, or specialized applications to generate reports or analyses.
- May support application(s) in production. Note interruptions or bugs in operation and perform problem solving exercise to determine problem and ensure continued use of the application, or confer with less senior staff attempting to restore job or report.
- Participate in project meetings to plan rewrite of addition to application in production or being revised for release into production. May serve as project lead in project to plan revisions to application.
- Track production issues and report periodically to group charged with monitoring uptime and efficiency of production application.
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred
Business or Computer Science
4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
•2+ years of broad knowledge of the AWS platform, AWS Certification required.
•Solid knowledge of AWS platform and its services - including but not limited to: AMIs, Route53, VPC, EC2, Lambda S3, IAM, AWS CLI, EBS, ELB, SQS, Cloud Watch, CloudTrail, ECS, CloudFormation, Terraform.
•Hands on experience in AWS provisioning of systems, securing of VPC, implementation of Security Groups, Identity and Access Management, Backups, Restore and Disaster Recovery.
•System health monitoring and optimizing performance (CloudWatch, SolarWinds, Nagios, SumoLogic, Splunk).
•Strong understanding of Linux, including experience with server administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
•Strong scripting experience in Python
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58623