Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Provide support to office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software. Answer technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and guide users to gain productive use of software. May extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using application. May have substantial subject matter knowledge of business unit discipline. Includes both staff in corporate facility supporting use of business-specific applications to corporate staff, or staff providing product support to customers using proprietary software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide production support or technical support to users of a customized or proprietary application. May act as lead.
- Allocate work to staff, plan, communicate, evaluate and manage performance by staff. Assess needs for technical development of staff and provide formal or informal training opportunities to staff.
- Confer with management of client groups using application(s) supported by group and assess uptime, productive use of application, and needs for further development or enhancements to make application more useful.
- Plan and conduct regular or periodic meetings of staff responsible for maintaining applications in production to assess issues or bugs and plan strategy for addressing them.
- Plan, contribute to, or conduct projects for testing software enhancement, developing requirements for system enhancement, revision or development of application, or related projects.
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred(if any)
Business or Computer Science
6-8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
•4+ years of broad knowledge of the AWS platform, AWS Certification required.
•Solid knowledge of AWS platform and its services - including but not limited to: AMIs, Route53, VPC, EC2, Lambda S3, IAM, AWS CLI, EBS, ELB, SQS, Cloud Watch, CloudTrail, ECS, CloudFormation, Terraform.
•Hands on experience in AWS provisioning of systems, securing of VPC, implementation of Security Groups, Identity and Access Management, Backups, Restore and Disaster Recovery.
•System health monitoring and optimizing performance (CloudWatch, SolarWinds, Nagios, SumoLogic, Splunk).
•Administration of web servers running Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Nginx.
•Strong understanding of Linux, including experience with server administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
•Strong scripting experience in Python
•Exceptional problem solving and must have previous operations experience in cloud environments
•Excellent communications and collaboration skills required to develop required security policies and share information with business and technology staff.
•Ability to lead technical discussions between stakeholders.
•Excellent technical abilities which include the following: cloud methodologies like IaaS, PaaS and SaaS; programming languages like Python; orchestration systems such as Chef; IaaS servers; PowerShell scripting; and, Splunk and AppD are preferred.
•Experience with APM technologies such as Dynatrace, App Dynamics, New Relic. Wire Data Analytics experience with tools such as Extrahop and other monitoring tools such as Catchpoint, Splunk, Moogsoft etc. is preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Req ID: 58621