Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Provide support to office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software. Answer technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and guide users to gain productive use of software. May extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using application. May have substantial subject matter knowledge of business unit discipline. Includes both staff in corporate facility supporting use of business-specific applications to corporate staff, or staff providing product support to customers using proprietary software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide production support or technical support to users of a customized or proprietary application. May act as lead.
- Allocate work to staff, plan, communicate, evaluate and manage performance by staff. Assess needs for technical development of staff and provide formal or informal training opportunities to staff.
- Confer with management of client groups using application(s) supported by group and assess uptime, productive use of application, and needs for further development or enhancements to make application more useful.
- Plan and conduct regular or periodic meetings of staff responsible for maintaining applications in production to assess issues or bugs and plan strategy for addressing them.
- Plan, contribute to, or conduct projects for testing software enhancement, developing requirements for system enhancement, revision or development of application, or related projects.
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred
Business or Computer Science
6-8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLSEMPLOYMENT
•6+ years of working experience with different IT Infrastructure components such as:
o Unix/ Linux Servers, Wintel Servers, networks, firewalls, routers, load balancers, VPN, Apache, web logic, LDAP, Active Directory, Exchange, Oracle/MS SQL databases, SAN, Virtualization, Email systems, Enterprise monitoring and access management solutions for single sign on.
•Subject matter expertise is not required and experience with at least eight of the above is preferred.
•Working experience with a wide variety of monitoring and data/log analysis tools such as Extrahop, Dynatrace, Netcool suite, Catchpoint, Moogsoft, Splunk among others.
•Proven methodical approach to problem identification, problem solving and resolution.
•6+ years of working experience with applications in a production support environment using above technologies.
•Management and troubleshooting of Middleware products on UNIX and Linux environments.
•Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Java etc.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58582