Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Conduct analyses or studies on effects of different economic conditions on the company's products, assets, or investments. Identify and evaluate economic trends and their prospective effect on the markets in which the company's goods or service trade. Collaborate on product development, risk management, financial management and capital market projects and exercises with economic analysis and projections. May represent the company in trade associations, professional groups, or to the public.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct economic research on public, proprietary, or lender data to assess trends or patterns in lending, borrowing, and the models used by the company to assess risk or assign risk management policies.
- Provide macroeconomic data and interpretation on home prices, home inventories, regional trends and the like, both within organization and to lenders, originators, insurers, and the like.
- Perform research and analytics on proprietary system(s) and related issues and develop new models for understanding and predicting housing market activity that can affect lenders, investors, and the organization.
- Production of analyses supporting corporate management and business unit management. Areas of research include credit profile, loan performance, volume trend, loss mitigation, REO, housing market trend, and general economic conditions.
- Using public and proprietary data, assess risks in particular regions, asset classes, types of lenders or borrowers, and the like. Prepare analyses and reports as appropriate.
- Conduct broad-based economic research and reading and prepare articles, digests, and reports for business unit management, specialty publications, clients, and the public.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Master, PhD or advanced degree in economics or related field strongly preferred
- 6+ years of related experience
- Strong technical ability with statistical software packages such as R, SAS, SQL, Python or similar language.
- Expertise in data visualization, including experience with platforms such as R Shiny and Tableau.
- Experience with econometric modeling and statistical analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to explain results to a broad audience.
- Knowledge of housing/mortgage industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills to conduct analysis independently to address complex economic or business problems.
- Analytical skills and ability to review economic analysis and provide feedback and experience with managing and tracking open-ended research projects.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58580