Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
The Senior Operational Risk Analyst joins the Operational Risk Management team to identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk. The risk management professional will assess risks and work with stakeholders to determine optimal risk response; assess emerging risks or threats to the company and recommend or implement risk mitigation strategies or practices; and provide effective oversight and challenge of risk management activities. Generally functions in a lead role by providing technical guidance and direction to colleagues/clients in area(s) of expertise. Develops solutions and resolves the most complex issues, as necessary.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Study and review business processes in assigned business unit.
- Examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Confer with business unit staff to identify key risks associated with business processes.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards.
- Evaluate internal controls or safeguards in order to make recommendations to enhance or optimize overall control posture associated with business processes.
- Evaluate risk measurement or monitoring practices in order to make recommendations to enhance or optimize such practices, including enhancements to data or systems.
- Prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Plan and facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation.
- May use or develop formal process improvement methodologies to assess and improve operating procedures in work unit(s).
- Confer with business unit management and staff by scoping business problems, analyzing processes, losses and risk exposure and sharing lessons learned.
- Identify key problem drivers and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls; Identify gaps and inform solutions that minimize losses resulting from inadequate internal processes, systems or human errors.
- As needed, participate in or play technical lead in risk management efforts.
- Measure and analyze performance improvement results in a business or corporate unit. Support remediation action plan execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- 6-8 years of related experience
- Must have Operational Risk Management experience and knowledge of ORM concepts and practices (i.e., process mapping, risk identification, assessment of control environments, risk monitoring and measurements).
- 3-5 years relevant experience in public accounting, or a combination of public and internal audit experience with a minimum of 2 years in financial services.
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills and ability to develop effective working relationships with business and functional partners to influence decisions.
- Strong process facilitation, process management and improvement skills; ability to independently handle multiple priorities and deliver a quality result within tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills in ability to interpret data, derive analytical insights from data.
- Knowledge of the mortgage industry, mortgage product types, and mortgage securitization.
- Awareness of the relevant operational risk types / sub-types, including the risk taxonomy.
- Understanding of risk governance, including the purpose and implementation of the three lines of defense model.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 58565