Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Provide support to office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software. Answer technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and guide users to gain productive use of software. May extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using application. May have substantial subject matter knowledge of business unit discipline. Includes both staff in corporate facility supporting use of business-specific applications to corporate staff, or staff providing product support to customers using proprietary software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide production support or technical support to users of a customized or proprietary application. May act as lead.
- Allocate work to staff, plan, communicate, evaluate and manage performance by staff. Assess needs for technical development of staff and provide formal or informal training opportunities to staff.
- Confer with management of client groups using application(s) supported by group and assess uptime, productive use of application, and needs for further development or enhancements to make application more useful.
- Plan and conduct regular or periodic meetings of staff responsible for maintaining applications in production to assess issues or bugs and plan strategy for addressing them.
- Plan, contribute to, or conduct projects for testing software enhancement, developing requirements for system enhancement, revision or development of application, or related projects.
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred
Business or Computer Science
6-8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLSEMPLOYMENT
•Strong problem-solving abilities and aptitude to learn new things
•A can-do attitude, drive, and motivation to recognize enhancement opportunities and complete complex tasks
•Can write clear and concise documentation
•Articulate solutions to various stakeholders
•Ability to support Production environments during hours of operation and off hour production emergencies
•3+ years of working experience with applications in a Production Support environment
•Working experience with any network application monitoring tools such as Splunk, ExtraHop, MoogSoft, Netcool suite, and Catchpoint among others
•Knowledge and use of job scheduling tools such as AutoSys
•4+ years of working experience with different IT Infrastructure components such as Unix/Linux Servers, networks, middleware (WebLogic/JBOSS/Tibco), and databases (Oracle/Netezza)
•Experience with one or more of the following Scripting Languages- Shell scripting, Perl, Python
•Must have working experience with AWS Cloud
•Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) experience is a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58563