- THE COMPANY
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Operate with considerable latitude in performing complex duties related to overseeing and managing one or more projects within a business unit. Participate in strategic planning, determining issues, and assessing future needs to identify projects that achieve business goals and objectives and/or improve or streamline functions. Provide value-added expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving on highly significant matters. May operate cross-functionally within the organization.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan course of projects, including milestones, resources needed in the form of staff hours, budget, use of technology and tools and document in project plan, following established project management methodology.
- Track course of project from meetings, conferring with developers, and receiving reports. Update project plan as needed. Document changes to scope or functionalities with change ticket, project plan, or other format.
- Assess compliance of development process with accepted methodology and communicate to responsible managers or staff. Document exceptions or deviations as needed. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved.
- Report on progress of project, $ expenditures, progress on milestones and the like to application owners.
- Manage key internal relationships. Identify and resolve project issues, interdependencies, and conflicts. Ensure positive outcomes.
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred
Master or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Preferred
Business or Computer Science
4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Mortgage industry experience a plus
Strong written and oral communication, facilitation, and presentation skills required
Experience with managing business focused projects that require coordination across business units and large-scale cross function teams
Experience presenting to senior level executives
Strong organizational and project management skills required
Team player who is highly flexible in meeting business needs
Proficient in Excel, MS Project and Visio a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58519