Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
The Finance Technology Division is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their team as it makes its journey to the cloud and transform the General Ledger(GL). You will use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Assist in and lead the development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Landing, preparing and transforming data
- Move the current general ledger from on prem to the cloud
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- g functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems Management
- 4-6 years of related experience
- Strong understanding of ETL concepts
- Working knowledge/conceptual understanding of AWS/Cloud based managed services such as S3,Lambda, EMR, RedShift
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience in desktop ETL tools.
- Experience with performing data pipeline or ETL processing, including extracting data from existing sources, such as databases, flat files, and application programming interfaces, transforming, cleaning, or normalizing data to optimize for analysis, and automating the loading or ingestion of data into consolidated repositories, such as data warehouses and data lakes
- Experience with designing and deploying secure data environments
- Strong programming skills in Python(required) and Java(preferred).
- Experience with DevOps and tools like Git, Jenkins, Bitbucket, urbancode.
- Experience is setting up CI/CD pipeline for different platforms
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58491