Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Under limited supervision, plan, manage, and execute varied software development, customization, or IT systems development projects. Gather information at front end to determine project parameters and specifications, and to budget human, financial and other resources. May provide technical oversight to some staff and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet with application owners, application developers and analysts, coding staff and the like to determine business needs and functionalities desired for new or revised application.
- Plan course of projects, including milestones, resources needed in the form of staff hours, budget, use of technology and tools and document in project plan, following established project management methodology.
- Track course of project from meetings, conferring with developers, and receiving reports. Update project plan as needed. Document changes to scope or functionalities with change ticket, project plan, or other format.
- Assess compliance of development process with accepted methodology and communicate to responsible managers or staff. Document exceptions or deviations as needed. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved.
- Report on progress of project, use of staff, $ expenditures, progress on milestones and the like to application owners.
- Provide guidance to project staff. May plan, document, manage and evaluate staff performance, or contribute to evaluation by their managers.
Education Level Required
Bachelor Degree or EquivalentEducation Level Preferred
Master or Other Advanced DegreeArea of Study PreferredBusiness or Computer ScienceCertifications RequiredPMP Certification RequiredMINIMUM EXPERIENCE
4-6 years of related experienceSPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• This individual must have the technical knowledge and background to understand and work on different Information Security tools and technologies
• Partnering with IT and business functions to lead, manage and direct cross-functional resources throughout the project lifecycle
• Understand demand capacity management and be able to communicate the overall impact to the project stakeholders
• Strong analytical/quantitative and problem solving skills combined with information technology and/or information security knowledge
• Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope
• Drive and implement complex projects for enterprise Information Security initiatives
• Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define requirements, scope and schedule
• Make presentations to project sponsors
• Possess strong verbal & written communication skills. Be comfortable speaking in front of varied business/technical audiences to deliver project updates
• Proactively identify risks, issues along with solution identification
• Succinct & confident written and verbal messaging for project updates and any stakeholder meetings
• Summarize/synthesize information and material appropriately for audience
• Escalate to the appropriate audience (when required)
• Working understanding of AWS/AWS Practitioner Certification Preferred
• Experience working in an agile environment preferred/CSM Certification preferred
• Security+ or CISSP certification is a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58485