Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home.
Join us at the heart of housing and:
Solve complex problems that strengthen the housing finance system – and our economy as a whole
Be part of a culture of recognition – we value our people and reward efforts that put our values in action
Join a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive workforce to make a difference in and out of the office
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Measure and monitor the market, liquidity and credit risk in the balance sheet of mortgage securities and loans. Support portfolio's risk position with attribution to provide feedback to senior management on business strategies.
- Produce risk management reports and monitor the relevant markets and portfolio activity. Work with Analytics team and traders to develop tactical and strategic guidance on portfolio's risk position that are consistent with limits and capital constraints. Provide recommendations to senior management.
- Support Capital Markets team with guidance on portfolio composition with specific allocation recommendations across asset classes and products. Assist in developing debt funding strategy. Identify assets that are rich or cheap by assessing model results against recent or expected market developments.
- Review risk reports and capital adequacy reports to maintain a comprehensive understanding of risk positions, market conditions and business strategies. Maintain an understanding of investment and funding guidelines, market risk policies, liquidity risk policies, credit risk policies, and capital policies.
- Coordinate with systems personnel to continually develop the infrastructure to support business and modeling needs. This includes the portfolio collection and aggregation process, access to appropriate market information and utilization of different pricing methodologies to estimate fair value, and database which satisfies reporting and analysis needs.
- Work with the trading and funding desks in real-time, at both the portfolio and security level, to develop specific hedge recommendations for portfolio management to improve return/risk profile Support management through understanding P&L attribution and risk/return analysis and forecasting. Perform structured finance credit risk analysis to include assessment of underlying loans and deal structure.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
4-6 years of related experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of fixed income markets and product
- Strong quantitative background. Understands market risk characteristics of fixed income products including mortgage, debt, and interest rate derivatives
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and familiarity with database tools
- Proficiency with using and communicating basic statistical concepts
- Strong intellectual curiosity with attention to details to ensure the quality of data and the soundness of models used in financial instrument valuation
- Proficient with technology solutions supporting analytics and reporting
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills with an ability to explain technical concepts and results to a diverse audience
Req ID: 58482