Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead production of timely, accurate, and reliable financial information including profit and loss and balance sheet accounts as well as group consolidations. May provide support across the organization or to one or more business areas.
- Lead design, modify, and/or install accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- Ensure adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
- Report to senior management on the team's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the team as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required
Masters or other advanced degree preferred
Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics specialization preferred
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Develop and implement a strategic vision to utilize market available technology to continuously transform and improve our accounting operations. This includes shortening our close timeline, ensuring a strong control environment, improving analytics by harnessing large volumes of loan level data, and ensuring accuracy in end-to-end data processing and handoffs to other teams.
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships with key stakeholders and business partners to enable the Controllers organization to provide relevant and timely insights, remain abreast of key management initiatives and adequately plan for necessary accounting systems changes as new initiatives occur.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the monthly financial close processes for each of the treasury areas, including strong analytical reporting, adherence to financial reporting deadlines, and identification and communication of trends and periodic results. Ensure the processes within the team are designed and executed to maintain the integrity of the accounting engine and related systems.
- Facilitate the implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements while ensuring that the Corporation’s accounting policies comply with new authoritative guidance.
- Research, interpret and apply authoritative accounting guidance to new, significant or non-routine transactions executed by the Corporation including, but not limited to, securitization, investing, funding and financial risk management transactions.
- Prepare well-documented technical accounting analyses that are soundly reasoned and demonstrate a clear understanding of covered business activities.
- Monitor developments in generally accepted accounting principles that could impact the Corporation’s accounting policies, practices and disclosures.
- Experience in working with large volumes of data and an ability to balance data integrity and materiality.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58462