Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
Leads the exploration and cultivation of potential external partnership and business opportunities at the intersection of housing and health. Gathers, develops and prioritizes ideas for research projects through outreach, external engagement, and internal stakeholder management. Establishes a consistent approach for managing relationships with partners. Stays abreast of the current landscapes in affordable housing, health, and sustainable communities – thriving, healthy, integrated communities.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leverages deep understanding of the connections between housing and health as well as current research on housing as a social determinant of health to explore and cultivate potential external partnerships and business opportunities.
- Stays abreast of current developments in sustainable communities and affordable housing.
- Helps increase health sector’s awareness and understanding of Fannie Mae’s work in this space.
- Builds a broad network across the health sector and maintains external relationships.
- Develops and executes health sector engagement strategy.
- Scopes and formalizes partnership opportunities, including directing due diligence activities to ensure timely and thorough evaluation of potential partners and new project concepts.
- Leads discussions between potential partners and internal stakeholders to explore and evaluate project concepts. Drafts all contractual terms with external partners and oversees all aspects of contract management.
- Works closely with senior management and pilot managers to prioritize new projects and manage diversity of entire portfolio.
- Works with external partners and internal stakeholders to conceptualize, design and execute projects. Collaborates closely with pilot managers to advance projects.
- Leverages understanding of Fannie Mae’s business priorities and regulatory environment to identify and assess potential partnerships and business opportunities.
- Contributes to the professional and/or technical development of less experienced staff by sharing thought leadership and topical information on issues related to affordable housing, sustainable communities, and sectors adjacent to housing.
- Collaborates to develop and implement internal and external strategic communications and marketing plans that support partnership development, facilitate an understanding of projects, and increase market understanding of the Sustainable Communities Initiative.
- Helps establish a consistent approach for managing internal and external relationships.
- Develops measurements to evaluate housing and health outcomes and impacts resulting from work performed by the Sustainable Communities Initiative or in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Deep knowledge of affordable housing and a strong understanding of the health sector, current research on housing as a social determinant of health, and sustainable communities.
- Experience developing collaborative relationships and effective at working with a wide array of external stakeholders across diverse sectors, including non-profits, philanthropies, private organizations, and government agencies.
- Experience in real estate development and/or community development.
- Experience leading complex projects that require internal, cross-functional collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively about business topics.
- Strong oral communication skills, including effective presentation skills with executive audiences.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58450