Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Our Digital Engineering team is looking for a Sr. Digital Product Manager that will be leading product technology solutions for mission-critical customer facing platforms.
As a Sr. Digital Product Manager, you will be responsible for leading strategy, ideation, road mapping, feature refinement and delivery. You will work with cross-functional teams to deliver on Fannie Mae’s most important digital transformations products including building out an API ecosystem, a major migration to Cloud (AWS), and other initiatives. You will deliver based on user requirements and ensure delivery aligns strategically to the service designs/blueprints of an optimal solution. We would like this person to have a deep understanding of technical design and architecture to improve prioritization and planning efforts in an Agile (Lean) environment.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Establishes product vision and strategy for high complexity products and/or multiple products. This includes product vision, benefits, capabilities, value metrics, competitive landscape, current state landscape.
• Partners with Business and Enterprise Architecture on definition of target architecture for product and ensures alignment while executing product roadmap. Drives discovery of product capabilities
• Continually educates product team members on business process and customer value of product capabilities.
• Leads multiple product owners and product analysts. Multiple products or single highly complex product with multiple capabilities
• Works with key stakeholders to define product roadmap, high level prioritization, product value metrics. Leads stakeholder collaboration to make execution trade-off decisions (e.g., achievement of target architecture vs. business value vs. infrastructure complexity). Leads continuous stakeholder engagement for the product team to understand needs, define epics and features, and gain feedback on design and working software.
• Manages product roadmap dependencies across products
• Establishes target product value metrics and tracks them throughout the lifecycle of the product. Communicates product vision, capabilities and value to various audiences. Reports on product metrics, roadmap, and financials to tribe leads and governing bodies (PEO, EPMO)
• Partners with SIM on insights gathering strategies, customer research and testing strategies, design thinking strategies, and marketing strategies. Communicates product release roadmaps and pilots to SIM.
• May be responsible for product resource level financial plan and oversight. Establishes and manages product roadmaps. Establishes and gains executive approval for product business cases and manages business cases thereafter. Leads first time and annual funding approval process for products
• Makes product prioritization decisions. Leads discovery efforts for major capabilities, engaging external and internal stakeholders and product teams. Owns product backlog
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
• 6 - 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• At least 8+ years of experience in Digital Product Management
• At least 5+ years of experience leading high performing product owner teams including coaching, mentoring, and training
• Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, and thought leader
• In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles such as LeanStack (Lean Canvas)
• Lead Product teams through rigorous process of test and learn with focus on identifying and developing a minimum viable product (MVP)
• In-depth knowledge of customer-centric product development (Design Thinking)
• Solid understanding of the product lifecycle
• Ability to be creative in strategy and execution tactics, and not afraid to discomfort the status quo
• Experience enabling an enterprise-wide digital transformation such as building out an API ecosystem, AWS implementations, etc.
• Leading product management projects
• Experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58427