Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Model Risk Management is forming a group to use Advanced Analytics and Data Science techniques to establish an efficient, integrated approach to managing risks associated with model development, implementation, and use, better connecting Chief Risk Office Model Risk Management staff activities with those of model owners. Senior team members are needed to develop an innovative software code base and new management processes for strategic use of information for model risk management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Re-engineer the automation of department-level information management tasks, going beyond the use of the Model Inventory and Issues Management systems-of-record to begin automating various aspects of the Validation Report production process.
- Enhance the delivery of useful information to those who need it to manage model risks.
- Use Advanced Analytics and Data Science techniques to efficiently execute automated information governance tasks.
- Develop and implement all components of financial models, cash flow simulations, P&L and risk metrics calculations in end-user or production computing systems for use in business decisions, financial and regulatory reporting, and risk management.
- Translate complex mathematical, business, and financial modeling logic into software code. Design and execute test cases for modeling and analytical software applications to ensure they meet business needs and model requirements. Design and execute modeling application systems via distributed computing both on premise and on external cloud.
- Assess model implementation quality and production control risk. Execute model application runs, process/validate model outputs, and produce/review quantitative reports for business use.
- Evaluate system requirements for model and analytical applications such as computing power, storage, network, and security, and recommend technology platforms and architecture designs for model applications to ensure robust and scalable execution.
- Monitor emerging technologies and industry best practices of model and analytical system implementation, evaluate and propose adoption of such technologies or best practices.
- Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner both verbally and in writing.
- Work and collaborate effectively, as part of a team and across organizational lines. Serve as project lead to development and implement solutions to meet business needs.
- Provide technical guidance or coaching to more junior staff.
- Work autonomously, guiding teams and often act as Subject Matter Expert resource across departments or as an in-house-expert
Education Level Required
Education Level Preferred
Masters, PhD or Other Advanced Degree
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Ph.D. or multiple masters degrees in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Finance or a related discipline preferred.
Strong programming experience preferably to include Open Source languages such as Python and R and familiarity with tools available in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
Knowledge of Machine Learning modeling techniques, particularly as applied to Natural Language Processing and content analytics, preferred
Experience using graph databases and queries to establish a Knowledge Base and execute intelligent internal search preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 58394